teacher training course.
The one year postgraduate advanced yoga teacher training course aims to inspire, empower and support qualified yoga teachers. Drawing from yogic and associated traditions it honours the uniqueness of the individual as both student and teacher of yoga. The course develops the intuition and confidence necessary to evolve your teaching skills.
We provide the space to facilitate the deepening of personal practice, thereby inspiring yoga teaching. The course presents a ‘toolbox’ of yogic and associated practices to apply in personal practice and when teaching.
Qualified, self-motivated yoga teachers from any tradition are invited to join the postgraduate advanced yoga teacher training course.
This 150 hour yoga registered course includes 100 taught hours held over 14 days (7 weekends of which 2 are Friday to Sunday residential weekends which are included in the course fee) plus 50 hours of home study and practice.
Syllabus and Enrollment form available soon.
To register your interest, email email@example.com
Areas of study.
- Developing teachers unique qualities
- Planning themes and inspiring new ways to structure classes
- DSY asana alignment principles
- Detailed instruction on safe adjustments and light handed guidance
- Developing confidence to safely teach postures that some find challenging to teach e.g. inversions
- Modifying asana and use of props and supports
- Enhancing the use of teachers physical anatomical language
- Modifications for pregnant and postpartum women attending general classes
- Yoga as a spiritual practice
- Pranayama, mantra, meditation and DSY kriyas
- Historical and background information on yoga including current research
- Subtle anatomy of yoga (e.g. prana vayus, koshas, shariras, nadis, chakras and kundalini shakti)
- Philosophy, including Patanjali, samkhya and vedanta
- Sanskrit chanting of selected yoga sutras
- Prana awareness exercises
- Qigong (breathing, movement and energy exercises)
- Coaching on marrying your practice, yogic principles, teaching and daily living
- Guidelines on precautions for students with health conditions
Course dates will be confirmed soon.
On successful completion of the one year course, the Devon School of Yoga Advanced Teacher Training Certificate is awarded. The certificate is recognised bythe Independent Yoga Network and the Yoga Register.
“I encourage anyone wanting to develop their yoga to take this course. It has truly enhanced my teaching by learning from such inspiring tutors. I have grown in self confidence, by being taught in such a nourishing environment, my students and clients are being fully rewarded with my new found awareness to them.”
Jenny, Graduate Student.