India Yoga Retreat.
Basunti, North India.
For those looking for a place to immerse into their yoga practice, totally relax, enjoy wonderful food and experience Incredible India, our India Yoga Retreat at Basunti is perfect. Basunti’s unique location, surrounded by wildlife and with extraordinary views of the Himalaya, was created especially for yoga retreats by David and Izzy.
Beautifully fresh vegetarian and vegan food is lovingly prepared daily for hungry practitioners. There’s afternoon tea and freshly prepared cakes – all served with smiles from the team that look after Basunti guests.
Accommodation is in en-suite rooms which are comfortable, clean and quiet. The gardens that surround the property are full of the local fauna and merge gently into the surrounding countryside.
There are outside sitting and dining areas, sheltered by verandas. A large pool with loungers overlooks the lakes and woodlands. Local villages are just a short walk from the property.
Basunti is peaceful and quiet. Except the soft sounds of prayers coming from the local village and, of course, the singing birds of which there are many…
India Yoga Retreat.
17-29 October 2021
This 12 night, full board package includes the following:
- 12 nights accommodation (including 10 nights at Basunti, 1 night in Mcleod Ganj, 1 night in Amritsar)
- All meals (except lunch/ dinner /breakfast/lunch in Mcleod Ganj and lunch/dinner/breakfast in Amritsar)
- 24+ yoga classes
- All internal transfers in India as follows:
- Transfer from Amritsar to Basunti
- Basunti to Mcleod Ganj via Kangra Fort
- Mcleod Ganj to Basunti via Masroor Rock Temple
- Basunti to Amritsar
- Please note: each trip length is approximately 3+ hours. The trip to Mcleod Ganj is a breakout from the retreat where you will have the opportunity to visit the Dalai Lama’s temple, get up close to the mountains and do any shopping
The price excludes:
- Return flights from the UK to India (to meet in Amritsar)
- Travel/Health insurance
- India visa fee
- Seven meals as mentioned above
- Basunti staff tips and optional charitable donation
- Half day rowing boat trip with local fishermen or canoe hire. (Optional and estimated at roughly £10 per person depending on numbers going)
“Thank you for the lovely retreat. I learned so much and you’ve given me a new impetus for my yoga practice. It was such a great and supportive atmosphere.”
- 6:15am – wake up call
- 6:30am – tea served
- 7:00-8:30am – silent meditation, morning stretches, kriyas, pranayama (roof top or yoga shala)
- 9:00am – breakfast
- 10:30am-12:30pm – yoga asana practice (yoga shala)
- 1:00pm – lunch
- 3:30pm – afternoon tea
- 4:00-6:00pm – satsang, misc practices, pranayama & meditation (yoga shala and roof top)
- 7:00pm – dinner
- 10:00pm – retire
Total Retreat Fee due in full on booking = £1800
Once booked, further, helpful information will be provided on flights, visas, health, facilities, what to bring, etc.
Our contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org