Basunti, North India.
23 March – 6 April 2024 Fully Booked
For those looking for a place to immerse into their yoga practice, totally relax, enjoy wonderful food and experience Incredible India, our India Yoga Retreat at Basunti is perfect. Basunti’s unique location, surrounded by wildlife and with extraordinary views of the Himalaya, was created especially for yoga retreats by David and Izzy Butterworth.
Beautifully fresh vegetarian and vegan food is lovingly prepared daily for hungry practitioners. There’s afternoon tea and freshly prepared cakes – all served with smiles from the team that look after Basunti guests.
Accommodation is in en-suite rooms which are comfortable, clean and quiet. The gardens that surround the property are full of the local fauna and merge gently into the surrounding countryside.
There are outside sitting and dining areas, sheltered by verandas. A large pool with loungers overlooks the lakes and woodlands. Local villages are just a short walk from the property.
Basunti is peaceful and quiet. Except the soft sounds of prayers coming from the local village and, of course, the singing birds of which there are many…
India Yoga Retreat.
RETREAT PRICE: £2295
- 14-nights’ accommodation which includes 12 nights at Basunti and two nights in Amritsar all in twin en-suite rooms
- All meals and drinks at Basunti Note: meal exclusions 2 lunches, 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts in Amritsar – 6 meals in total.
- 26+ yoga classes – covering: kriyas, preliminary stretch exercises, asana, pranayama, meditation, satsang, silent spaces and miscellaneous practices
- All internal retreat transfers in India as below:
Please note, each transfer is roughly 3+ hours:
- Transfer from Mrs Bhandari’s Guest House in Amritsar (24th March for a 9:30am departure) to Basunti
- Basunti to Amritsar on 5th April to Mrs Bandhari’s Guest House (where the retreat ends on 6th April)
- Return flights UK to India
- Travel insurance (it is recommended that once you have booked that you organise comprehensive travel and health insurance immediately so you are covered for any unforeseen circumstances)
- India visa fee
- Six meals as mentioned above (approximately £60-80)
- Basunti staff tips and optional charitable donation (optional discretion)
- Taxi transfers drivers’ tips (approximately £12 in total – this is around £3 per transfer)
- Optional excursion from Basunti, including the two options below:
- Mid retreat – Basunti to Mcleod Ganj on 29 March for a 36-hour mini tour including staying one night in Mcleod Ganj with a vist to the Kangra Fort en-route and an opportunity to visit the Dalai Lama temple. The trip to Mcleod Ganj is a breakout from the retreat with the opportunity to get up close to the mountains and do some shopping. Mcleod Ganj to Basunti on 30 March with a visit to Masroor rock temple en-route back to Basunti
- On the last day – a possible rowing boat trip with local fishermen (roughly £12 per person) and possible canoe/kayak hire (roughly £20 per person) to be arranged on-site with Basunti – all dependent upon availability.
To register your interest in this retreat, email us HERE
“Thank you for the lovely retreat. I learned so much and you’ve given me a new impetus for my yoga practice. It was such a great and supportive atmosphere.”
- 6:15am – wake up call
- 6:30am – morning tea
- 7:00-8:30am – silent meditation, morning stretches, breath kriyas, pranayama (roof top or yoga shala)
- 9:00am – breakfast
- 10:30am-12:30pm – yoga asana practice (yoga shala)
- 1:00pm – lunch
- 3:45pm – afternoon tea
- 4:30-6:30pm – satsang, misc practices, pranayama & meditation (yoga shala and roof top)
- 7:30pm – dinner
- 10:00pm – retire
Once booked, further, helpful information will be provided on flights, visas, health, facilities, what to bring, etc.