Yoga Foundation Course.
1 Place Available.
This carefully curated Yoga Foundation Course has been designed for yoga students who want to deepen knowledge experience and personal practice of yoga.
The course offers a broad base of practices enabling yoga students to enrich and develop their yoga skills.
Our ten day Yoga Foundation Course is taught over five monthly weekends.
It is also a prerequisite for the Teacher Training Course (if the other requirements are not met). The 2021 course consists of 60 taught hours and two comprehensive course manuals are provided.
“Gratitude and thanks to everyone at the DSY. The combination of teachers, subjects and venues really did make it a life changing experience”.
Tony, Foundation Course Graduate.
You’ll benefit from the knowledge and expertise of our tutors, who combined, have over 80 years of experience in the study and teaching of yoga. They have trained with some of the worlds most highly respected teachers – from a wide range of yoga schools that include Ashtanga, Iyengar, Satyananda and Kundalini.
Each one of our teachers brings something unique to our foundation course. This eclectic mix of backgrounds and expertise creates an ideal environment for students to gain a broad-based introduction to the inspiring practice of yoga.
Yoga Foundation Course areas of study include:
- Preliminary exercises
- Asanas – yoga postures
- Kriyas: exercises to cleanse and purify the internal organs and to strengthen the immune system using breath and bandha only
- Pranayama: breathing exercises to retain and extend the flow of vital energy
- Relaxation techniques
- Basic meditations
- Mudras and Bandhas: psychological processes acting on the nervous and subtle energy systems
- Introduction to Subtle Anatomy: Chakras, Koshas, Nadis, theoretical and practical understanding
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology
- Yoga Philosophy: Patanjali Yoga Sutra, Ashtanga (eight-fold path), Kleshas and introduction to classical texts
- Mantra: chanting sound vibrations
- Dietary guidelines: Ayurvedic and naturopathic approaches
- Two comprehensive course manuals provided
Course Dates 2021.
The Yoga Foundation Course takes place over five weekends:
- June 5-6
- June 26-27
- July 10-11
- July 31-August 1
- August 21-22
The course tuition fees total £700 (this includes the £400 deposit) for 10 days of tuition.
Other than no absolute beginners, there are no prerequisites for the course beyond enthusiasm and commitment for self-growth and enhancing awareness.
On completion of the course a certificate is awarded.
REGARDING POSSIBLE COVID LOCKDOWNS
Our priority and commitment are to deliver this course in person. If any weekend on the course is unable to run due to a possible government lockdown, it will be rescheduled. Any rescheduled weekend will be run with in person teaching. There are no refunds for course fees other than if we have to cancel in which case refunds will be given.
“A gigantic thank you for such a wonderful foundation course! It was truly transformational! I cannot praise all the teachers at the school enough for all their invaluable input and passion for sharing all their knowledge about this beautiful art with us!”
Oda, FC graduate.