Foundation Course 2024
Enrolment Opening soon – to register your interest, email us HERE
This carefully curated Yoga Foundation Course has been designed for yoga students who want to deepen their knowledge, experience and personal practice of yoga.
The course offers a broad base of practices enabling yoga students to enrich and develop their yoga skills. It consists of 70 taught hours and two comprehensive course manuals are provided.
Our ten day Yoga Foundation Course is taught over five monthly weekends two of which are a Friday to Sunday full board residential which is included in the course fee.
This course is also a prerequisite for our 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course (if the other requirements are not met).
“Gratitude and thanks to everyone at the DSY. The combination of teachers, subjects and venues really did make it a life changing experience”.
Tony, Foundation Course Graduate.
You’ll benefit from the knowledge and expertise of our tutors, who combined, have a extensive range of experience in the study and teaching of yoga. They have trained with some of the worlds most highly respected teachers from a wide range of yoga schools and traditions.
Each one of our teachers brings something unique to our foundation course. This eclectic mix of backgrounds and expertise creates an ideal environment for students to gain a broad-based introduction to the inspiring practice of yoga.
Yoga Foundation Course areas of study include:
- Preliminary exercises
- Asanas – yoga postures
- Kriyas: exercises to cleanse and purify the internal organs and to strengthen the immune system using breath and bandha only
- Pranayama: breathing exercises to retain and extend the flow of vital energy
- Relaxation techniques
- Basic meditations
- Mudras and Bandhas: psychological processes acting on the nervous and subtle energy systems
- Introduction to Subtle Anatomy: Chakras, Koshas, Nadis, theoretical and practical understanding
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology
- Yoga Philosophy: Patanjali Yoga Sutra, Ashtanga (eight-fold path), Kleshas and introduction to classical texts
- Mantra: chanting sound vibrations
- Dietary guidelines: Ayurvedic and naturopathic approaches
- Two comprehensive course manuals provided
The Yoga Foundation Course takes place over five weekends:
- 17-18 February
- 1-3 March (Residential)
- 23-24 March
- 27-28 April
- 10-12 May (Residential)
The course fees total £1350 for 10 days of tuition (4 of which are full board residential where accommodation, all meals and all drinks are provided). The non-residential days of the course are held at the Lotus Loft Yoga Studio in Exeter and the residential weekends are held at the Namaste Barn Yoga and Meditation Studio in Ideford near Chudleigh.
Other than no absolute beginners, there are no prerequisites for the course beyond enthusiasm and commitment for self-growth and enhancing awareness.
On completion of the course a certificate is awarded.
To register your interested, contact us HERE
“A gigantic thank you for such a wonderful foundation course! It was truly transformational! I cannot praise all the teachers at the school enough for all their invaluable input and passion for sharing all their knowledge about this beautiful art with us!”
Oda, FC graduate.