Pre and Postnatal
Yoga Teacher Training
Our pre and postnatal yoga teacher training course is aimed at students who want to explore how to support women through their pregnancy. Whether your interest is for a personal insight into your own pregnancy or you want to help and guide women through this life changing event, the course is in-depth and fascinating.
Specifically designed for postgraduate yoga teachers, this course was developed by our team of Devon School of Yoga teachers who are all practicing yoga therapists and have a wide range of vocational experience and qualifications in this field. These include Alice Chapman who has special expertise in women’s health including pre and postnatal yoga, Helen Humble who has a background of working in the NHS as a district nurse and Barry Elms who specialises in yoga for back pain and in pre and postnatal yoga as well as yoga philosophy.
Areas of study.
This 75 hour pre and postnatal yoga teacher training course is an holistic approach to pregnancy. The course content includes:
• Modifications of asana for pregnancy.
• Philosophical and psychological understanding of
pregnancy from a yogic perspective.
• Pranayama and sound practices.
• Tools for positive birth outcomes.
• Relieving pregnancy related symptoms.
• Overview of anatomy and physiology through the 3 trimesters.
• Postnatal recovery yoga therapy.